Painting The Grill

PK_Lex

I'm considering painting the front grill black because it is a bit faded. I'm going to take it out and spray paint it. Hopefully taking out the front grill is an easy task. What kind of spray paint do you recommend? Is there any particular one that's for outside use that will handle the heat, moisture and withstand car washes?

I don't want it to start peeling off and getting worse than how it is right now. Do you think it's worth taking a risk or should I keep it as it is. The grill is just showing its age, nothing major, so I thought maybe painting it may give it a newer fresh look.

Thanks.

Personally i'd leave it alone, however if you want it restored the best option would be to have it powder coated to prevent the paint from flaking off as bugs and road chips can be pretty harsh on the paint. Second best option would be to sand it and paint with a good quality paint (Rustoleum, etc).

Yeah, I'm reluctant to do anything that I will regret later.  It seems ok for right now...could be better...but I guess its part of aging :)

Have you looked into what it would cost to get it back to stock ?