Rx330

birdblack

I was under my 1999 RX300 earlier today and noticed the drain. It was “L” shaped and should be easy to locate under the car, under the passenger side of the dash, at the bottom of the firewall..

I can think of 3 ways that might help clear it. Blowing compressed air up from the bottom, or running something like a pipe cleaner into it, back and forth, would probably do it.

Third way is to use a vacuum cleaner or wet/dry vac and such out whatever you can. But hang on to the drain hose just in case it comes loose – unlikely, but remember Murphy’s’ Law.

Might even try all three to be sure. Can’t hurt.

I was under my 1999 RX300 earlier today and noticed the drain. It was “L” shaped and should be easy to locate under the car, under the passenger side of the dash, at the bottom of the firewall..

I can think of 3 ways that might help clear it.  Blowing compressed air up from the bottom, or running something like a pipe cleaner into it, back and forth, would probably do it. 

Third way is to use a vacuum cleaner or wet/dry vac and such out whatever you can.  But hang on to the drain hose just in case it comes loose – unlikely, but remember Murphy’s’ Law.

Might even try all three to be sure.  Can’t hurt.

Hi Thanks for the info. It is in the same location on the 330. I used a plastic rod and voila, about a quart of water came out.

Thanks again :cheers: