Window Tinting

PeteD

Just had the 5 windows tinted in my '03 IS 300 and am not at all happy with the way the back window looks at night. Beacuse of the horizontal defrost bars, every headlight/trafficlight, etc. is reflecetd off these bars up and down the back window. Now instead of seeing just the headlights/trafficlight is looks something like this:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Is this the nature of the beast with the rear window defrost bars or poor work from my tinter?

Pete

I see similar refections in my rear view mirror from light reflecting on the defroster wires on my LS. It is not terrible, but I have been surprised that I notice it so much. Maybe it is a "feature" of having the rear window tinted. I used the same tint shop on a previous LS but did not have the rear window tinted since it had a retractable sunshade. The tint shop did a great job - the tint is almost two years old and still like new. I had non-metalized tint used on the rear window (due to the imprinted radio and phone antennas) if that makes a difference. I don't know if the reflections would be any less if metalized tint had been used.

A more noticable issue of the rear window tint on my LS is that the effectiveness of the automatic glare reduction feature of the interior and exterior rear view mirrors is somewhat reduced.

All in all, having the rear window tinted is a lot better than not - even with the light reflecting on the wires at night.

I see similar refections in my rear view mirror from light reflecting on the defroster wires on my LS.  It is not terrible, but I have been surprised that I notice it so much.  Maybe it is a "feature" of having the rear window tinted.  I used the same tint shop on a previous LS but did not have the rear window tinted since it had a retractable sunshade.  The tint shop did a great job - the tint is almost two years old and still like new.  I had non-metalized tint used on the rear window (due to the imprinted radio and phone antennas) if that makes a difference.  I don't know if the reflections would be any less if metalized tint had been used.

A more noticable issue of the rear window tint on my LS is that the effectiveness of the automatic glare reduction feature of the interior and exterior rear view mirrors is somewhat reduced.

All in all, having the rear window tinted is a lot better than not - even with the light reflecting on the wires at night.

Thanks for the feedback...