tires and wheels

I have a 1992 lexus SC400 with chrome wheels. I had a new set of tires installed a few months ago. Since then, about once every 2 weeks I need to add air to the tires. I've been back to the tire people and they say it's a problem with the Lexus chrome wheels in the hot weather. I live in Florida.

I went to a local Toyota dealer and was told the chrome wheels are a problem.

Has anyone experienced this condition? I don't remember having any trouble with my old tires. I'm told by the tire people that they put a sealant around the rim before mounting the tires. Is it a tire or wheel problem.

Please advise.

JGreen6054@mybluelight.com

• 1 month later...
I have a 1992 lexus SC400 with chrome wheels. I had a new set of tires installed a few months ago. Since then, about once every 2 weeks I need to add air to the tires. I've been back to the tire people and they say it's a problem with the Lexus chrome wheels in the hot weather. I live in Florida.

I went to a local Toyota dealer and was told the chrome wheels are a problem.

JGreen6054@mybluelight.com

Hi there! How many miles have your wheels been on there? The reason I am asking is that if there is any corrosion around the whee, or if the wheel is damaged, that may lead to the air leak problem. If the wheel is straight and corrosion-free, I don't believe that the wheel just being chrome is the cause at all. Let me know if I can help! :)