Lowering My Sc400

Hi Sc Members, I have a interesting topic that I need some help on. I have a 1993 Sc400 stock, and want to start modding my vehicle. I have already purchased the tower strut bar(ebay), the wheels (Ruff racing 236 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear) and tires(falken GRB FK-451 245/19/35 front and 275/19/30 rear) . I'm not putting the wheels on until I do a lowering mod. My questions are:

1) Should I mix springs together to get that perfect look. I want to get the Eibach prokit for the rear which will lower it 1inch. I want the Espelir for the front which I think will lower it up to 2.14" or 55mm. The reason for this is, if I get the eibach all the way around the front, the front wheel gap looks bigger than the rear gap.

2)Should I replace my shocks all the way around since its never been changed. If so, which shocks ride the best for comfort. I see tokico is used alot on this forum but I just want to make sure it will work with the spring combinations.

3) Are there any other suggestions as to what other little mods or things I can do to help the look of the vehicle(Bodykits, Brake rotors,etc).

I promise once I get finished I'm gonna post alot of before and after pics. I'm even thinking of doing a little mpeg video about it. Anyway, you guys are great as to alot of DIY and general info I found searching the forum. Thanks

I don't recommend mixing springs.

But if you must, you should know the particular spring rates. You want spring rates that are similar. If they are not similar, the ride and handling will definitely suffer.

My personal recommendation would be to save up for coilovers. TEIN has an affordable entry level coilover from what I understand. That will give you the height adjustment that you want. Not only that, but since you are looking to replace your shocks, the TEIN coilover will provide a new shock that is matched w/ the spring rate.

You'll be much happier w/ a coilover.

As far as other mods, much like any other reasonably supported aftermarket car...there are a few options available. For more info, check out: www.intellexual.net

I don't recommend mixing springs. 

But if you must, you should know the particular spring rates.  You want spring rates that are similar.  If they are not similar, the ride and handling will definitely suffer.

My personal recommendation would be to save up for coilovers.  TEIN has an affordable entry level coilover from what I understand.  That will give you the height adjustment that you want.  Not only that, but since you are looking to replace your shocks, the TEIN coilover will provide a new shock that is matched w/ the spring rate. 

You'll be much happier w/ a coilover. 

As far as other mods, much like any other reasonably supported aftermarket car...there are a few options available.  For more info, check out: www.intellexual.net

Wow thanx, So basically a coilover is a shock and spring put together. How much lower does it drop the vehicle or is it something you can adjust? also, whats the model name and wheres the best place to find them for a good price?

A coilover is a shock and spring combination that is designed to be used together. The spring rate is matched w/ the dampening rate of the shock. Basically it works as a system.

A benefit of coilovers is the threaded shock body. This enables height adjustment. How much height adjustablility depends on the amount of threading available.

In fact, there is a thread this week about this stuff: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=22188