Don't Have A Lexus, Buying Es300 In Future Maybe

I have an 89 maxima right now that I have just put my last 3 years into and a lot of money and repairs and I must say that I think it's very good and looks pretty good, but it has 212k. I am thinking what can I maybe afford in the future and I am pretty interested in the E300. I was also thinking of a late 90's Maxima, but I don't know. I think the Maxima has a little bit more power depending on which es300 (I don't know which ones differ in HP), but I know the maxima has 190hp. The counter to that is that I ready for a little luxury and maybe a little bit of mods for sports car sedan type things. Try not to flame me because I just don't know much about Lexus :blushing: and I don't even know if I will do it. :huh:

I have an 89 maxima right now that I have just put my last 3 years into and a lot of money and repairs and I must say that I think it's very good and looks pretty good, but it has 212k.  I am thinking what can I maybe afford in the future and I am pretty interested in the E300.  I was also thinking of a late 90's Maxima, but I don't know.  I think the Maxima has a little bit more power depending on which es300 (I don't know which ones differ in HP), but I know the maxima has 190hp.  The counter to that is that I ready for a little luxury and maybe a little bit of mods for sports car sedan type things.  Try not to flame me because I just don't know much about Lexus :blushing:  and I don't even know if I will do it. :huh:

I went from driving a 94 pontiac grand am and I will never buy anything but Lexus or BMW now. I'm currently driving a '99 lexus es300 with 87,000 miles on it. It rides very smooth. Up to 2000 year models I think it has 210 horse power. They're more for the ride not so much power, but still more than your current maxima.

Having owned both a '95 Maxima and a '00 ES300, I can tell you that the horsepower figures really don't mean much. The Maxima, with 190 horsepower, is built and tuned as a sports sedan, and rides, handles, and accelerates as such. The ES300, with 210 horsepower, is a luxury car, and is built and tuned for smooth ride and gradual acceleration. Even though the figures on the ES300 are higher, the Maxima is tuned differently and is a faster, more powerful (feeling) car. The difference is like night and day. If you're looking for power and handling, I wouldn't even consider an ES300, especially having driven a Maxima. If you're looking for a comfortable ride with sufficient power, then the ES300 is a great choice.

Reliability is a moot point.