Question For Those That Changed Their Brake Pads

billy hoang

when you guys bought new brake pads ..... did they have sensors on them ? if they didnt , do the brake pad indicator light go off when you put thew new pads on ?

I just serviced my 95ls400's front brake pad a week ago, and I also brought front brake pad set from my local lexus dealer around $65, the front brake pad set doesn't include wear sensor, my front brake pad now has 5mm left but it begins to wear the sensor,the brake sensor will be lighed after brake pad left around 3mm .now i just unplug the wear sensor to avoid its further wearing and fix it on the brake pipe line , I think the old pad still can be use to the end of this year or further, when next time service the brake i will change new brake pad and plug the wear sensor.

According to my experiences, when you hear the squeak,your brake pad almost begin to wear your brake sense and after 2mm pad wearing and also brake senser wearing your brake light will on.at that time you are not only need to change brake pad but also the sensor. seems sensor may cost your another new brake pad.

95ls400 has a different front brake pad style if your are 94ls400 and also mine don't need to unscrew any bolts, just a clip and two pins.

Hope may help you out.

Good luck

just replaced the pads on my 95 ls this weekend, what a difference. I did find sensors, one on the front and one on the back. I purchased OEM pads online from irontoad for about 75% retail. They made quite a difference. The change is really easy, probably spent about 1 1/2 hours to do all four wheels, well worth the trouble.

I thought the new pads had a notch in the top part where the sensor goes? I believe Lexus only has two sensors. One on the front pass. side and one on the rear pass. side. I believe my BMW's have them on all four wheels.

thanks