Lexus Bluetooth

tstires

For those with Blueooth phone setups -- does the car ring with an incoming call or only the cell phone itself. I have tried both a v710 and e815 and the phone itself rings and the car mutes the radio and shows an incoming call but there is no "ringer" in the vehicle -- is this how it is supposed to work? The same phones in my BMW produce an audible ringing sound theough the car's audio system.

Thanks in advance . . .

For those with Blueooth phone setups -- does the car ring with an incoming call or only the cell phone itself.  I have tried both a v710 and e815 and the phone itself rings and the car mutes the radio and shows an incoming call but there is no "ringer" in the vehicle -- is this how it is supposed to work?  The same phones in my BMW produce an audible ringing sound theough the car's audio system.

Thanks in advance . . .

With our Motorola V551 and RX400h, the audible ringing sounds through the car's audio and I answer it from the button on the steering wheel! The V551 works fairly well but as I have posted elsewhere, dialing out from the phone itself (passenger doing it), connecting doesn't switch to the car audio promptly! :angry: