Rims (i Know I Know)

Guys,

I know this discussion comes up tons of times and I have searched through prior posts but do me a small favor and answer this question yet again.

If I swap the OEM 16" rims for 19's do I need to recalibrate the speedo and nav on my ride or does the changed tire size (to fit the new rims) keep everything consistent?

I have heard a couple of different answers.

Thanks for putting up with this question yet again.

GB

easiest way to find out, is measure the height of your wheels and tires now and compare them to whatever size wheel and tire you will get. with 20s, my speedo is off by a few mph. with 19s and low profile tires i wouldn't expect the difference to be very much.

don't quote me on it, but i would assume that the nav system works on sat tracking and not the rotatation of your tires to track distance. so bigger wheels shouldn't effect the nav, but i'm not 100% sure.

Guys,

I know this discussion comes up tons of times and I have searched through prior posts but do me a small favor and answer this question yet again.

If I swap the OEM 16" rims for 19's do I need to recalibrate the speedo and nav on my ride or does the changed tire size (to fit the new rims) keep everything consistent?

I have heard a couple of different answers.

Thanks for putting up with this question yet again.

GB

If you have factory NAV, it does have an option to resize the tires and wheels. Look at the overall diameter of both set-ups. Your 16's may have the same rolling diameter as the 19's. If that is the case then you would not have a need to adjust your speedo. Keep us updated..

Listen even if the rims are a tad bigger there is no need to waste your time trying to recalibrate the speedo... If it's gonna be off it'll only be very slight, something like 2 mph and IMO it's not even worth wasting your time trying to fix..