19" Wheels

Hello, I'm a new guy here and have a question. I have a 1993 SC400 and have to change the wheels because the factory chrome that it came with is almost gone. It's peeling off everthing. Anyway, if I'm gonna buy new wheels I want to go bigger. I did a search on this forum and I had some helpful advise but I want something definite. I want the staggered look with the 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the back. Also I would like it to have a 3.5" lip in the rear and 2.5 lip in the front. Will this setup effect the drive and smoothness of this vehicle. I really love the way it drives now and I don't want that to suffer alot. I know its not gonna be the same but I don't want it to drive like a tank either. I'm also open for any advise about other sizes that may be better. By the way, I didn't modd the suspension. The vehicle is fully stock. I found these on ebay and they look pretty cool http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Going up to 19 inch wheels means:

1) Possibly a harder time finding tires that fit your rims.

2) These tires are usually more expensive.

3) You'll have to run tire pressures at nearly max in order to ensure that you don't dent your wheels (if you hit a rock or pothole).

4) Potholes and any road irregularities will be your enemy.

5) Smaller sidewalls means stiffer ride (generally speaking).

6) Larger wheels CAN mean a heavier wheel. Heavier wheel will affect performance.

With that being said, my personal choice would be a 18 inch wheel.

Going up to 19 inch wheels means:

1)  Possibly a harder time finding tires that fit your rims.

2)  These tires are usually more expensive.

3)  You'll have to run tire pressures at nearly max in order to ensure that you don't dent your wheels (if you hit a rock or pothole).

4)  Potholes and any road irregularities will be your enemy. 

5)  Smaller sidewalls means stiffer ride (generally speaking).

6)  Larger wheels CAN mean a heavier wheel.  Heavier wheel will affect performance. 

With that being said, my personal choice would be a 18 inch wheel.

Great advise. I appreciate all of your advise.