Fair Price For Sc400

I'm about to sell my SC400 for $12.5. Was sticking to $13 but it's coming up on 60k miles and the timing belt service is about $500. So I told this lady that I'd knock that off the price. Car has 56k miles on it (just rolled to 56 last week), and it's immaculate. Gold, has the Trac and heated seats option, along with Nakamichi. I've kept it in immaculate condition, no mods.

Think that's a fair price? :pirate: I don't need to nickle and dime, just curious what you guys thought.

Let me know where you can get a timing belt replaced for only $500 and I'll drive to your area (Louisville, KY) from Seattle and still come out ahead.

Actually Lexus of Louisville said $528, for the timing belt ONLY. The whole service is much more, but I thought I'd do the water pump and some other items myself. Water pump is right there in plain sight, should be fairly easy.

They do a good job, I haven't had any issues yet with overcharging or lackluster work. We got our RX330 there as well.

Just sold my car, took $12 from a local person who had cash. That's a fair price, I think. That was fine with me and she got a good deal.

Let me know where you can get a timing belt replaced for only $500 and I'll drive to your area (Louisville, KY) from Seattle and still come out ahead.

Actually Lexus of Louisville said $528, for the timing belt ONLY. The whole service is much more, but I thought I'd do the water pump and some other items myself. Water pump is right there in plain sight, should be fairly easy.

They do a good job, I haven't had any issues yet with overcharging or lackluster work. We got our RX330 there as well.

Just sold my car, took $12 from a local person who had cash. That's a fair price, I think. That was fine with me and she got a good deal.

Man, Your Lexus dealer is a real crook. I just bought a Timing belt and Water pump and cam seals for a lot less.

1) Timing Belt 13568-59045 $ 74.42

2) Belt V-RI 90913-02361 $ 90.95

3) Pump Assy 16100-50023-83 $139.34

4) Seals 90311-A0001 $ 24.12 (2)

5) Seals 90311-38036 $ 12.06

TOTAL $340.89

THis was from SEWEL Lexus Fort Worthon Mar 26, 2005

I have the receipt and can scan it in if you want see that.

Man, Your Lexus dealer is a real crook. I just bought a Timing belt and Water pump and cam seals for a lot less.

TOTAL $340.89

Did they do all the work or just sell you the parts?

This was for the actual service, them doing the work. If they did all of that for you at that price, you might wonder if they have real techs working on the car or teenagers with GED's.

And while owning a Lexus certainly isn't cheap, I've yet to feel like they took me for a ride or did anything unnecessary or unethical.

TOTAL $340.89

This was for the actual service, them doing the work. If they did all of that for you at that price, you might wonder if they have real techs working on the car or teenagers with GED's.

And while owning a Lexus certainly isn't cheap, I've yet to feel like they took me for a ride or did anything unnecessary or unethical.

Well, I have a personal friend that does all of my mechanic work. I have known him for years and totally trust him. THe above list is for parts Only.

TOTAL $340.89

Well, I have a personal friend that does all of my mechanic work. I have known him for years and totally trust him. THe above list is for parts Only.

My mechanic charged me $30 per hour and it took him 6 hours to do the work.

$180.00

There you have it.

They just talked me out of getting a clear bra in favor of the traditional, because I told them how anal I was about keeping my cars cleaned. The traditional is $200, the clear is $400, not including bumper. So they're cool. May be crooked dealers out there, but the one here has been outstanding on all three of our Lexus so far.

Anyway, SC is gone, so I guess I'll be hanging out with the GS guys now . . . :geek:

I would get a clear bra looks way better and protects as well .It just needs to have someone do it well by wrapping the edges so it is invisiable except on the hood.

Even on your black beauty? Black is so pretty but needs to be so perfect - I'm afraid of putting it on. And when it does get hit by rocks, doesn't it get all nicked up anyway (the plastic, not the paint)?

It may very well work, but I'm just not completely sold yet. To be safe I'm going to go with the traditional, take it off on weekends and keep it cleaned and waxed.

Taking it to a friend who has a body shop to fix all the little dings/nicks, so just want to keep it as perfect as possible as long as I can.