Why Does My Trans Act Weird?

ED.

Seems like the trans acts weird when its cold. Feels like its slipping After the engine warms up its smooth as silk. Anyone else exprerience this after doing a flush and filter install? Do I need to add more oil? Less?

Thanks

Seems like the trans acts weird when its cold. Feels like its slipping After the engine warms up its smooth as silk. Anyone else exprerience this after doing a flush and filter install? Do I need to add more oil? Less?

Thanks

Setting the trans level can be tricky. Check it cold and hot several times and you will get it right. When a tranny is low on fluid it will slip till warmed up. Do not overfill it though. This usually brings on hard shifting. I've seen many times when the level was set and looked good after the service and then more needed to be added the next day after driving a bit.

Thats exactly what its doin. When cold its slipping, especially in reverse, I will add another 1/4 quart when it cools down in a couple of hours. I didnt think it only neede 2 quarts. I'd say atleast two came out with the plug plus all the other that came out when I took the filter off. I am still having nightmares about thta dam thing : )

Thanks Kenny. I thought my transmission was ruined.

Thats exactly what its doin. When cold its slipping, especially in reverse, I will add another 1/4 quart when it cools down in a couple of hours. I didnt think it only neede 2 quarts. I'd say atleast two came out with the plug plus all the other that came out when I took the filter off. I am still having nightmares about thta dam thing : )

Thanks Kenny. I thought my transmission was ruined.

The car must be running in park when your checking the level. Also there is a hot and cold on the stick. Check it both ways in the next day or two.

Thanks

How many miles on the tranny? When was the last time you did a tranny flush? Your owners manual should tell you the capacity for a regular 'drain & fill' but you might also want to consider doing a 100% tranny fluid change with the car hooked up to a special tranny machine. B)

:cheers:

I just did the drain yesterday. I should have doem the shole system thign but I didnt really have time or money to give it to the dealer. I am hoping this is why. I wont know for a while. I put the Lexus in the garage and took the BMW. I am claybaring tonight. Wish me luck, its my first time. Well, gotta get to work!

Thanks