2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4

lexus ls430

I have a 2001 toyota sequoia limited 4wd with 64k. It has all options in it. I am thinking of getting an 06 lx or either another sequoia. Do you think i should trade it in at the dealer or should i sell it privately.Also what do you think would be a fair price for it.

I have a 2001 toyota sequoia limited 4wd with 64k. It has all options in it. I am thinking of getting an 06 lx or either another sequoia. Do you think i should trade it in at the dealer or should i sell it privately.Also what do you think would be a fair price for it.

It's a known fact that when you trade in a car you never get as much $ as when selling it privately. The downside of selling it privately is the hassle of cleaning up the car, advertising it, and waiting for potential customers.....in general a lot of time you spend doing all this.

Try Edmunds to get an approximate value of your car> www.edmunds.com

Personally the couple thousand you get more when selling it privately isn't worth the hassle of placing ads and having people test drive etc, I just trade in. If you have a carmax around you they take cars in and pay cash, not more than trade in value but it keeps the trade from being park of the negotiation when you buy the new car which is good.

My dad had an 01 Sequoia Limited with 60k or so he sold last year, I'll ask him what he got for it.