Do All Gs400s Come Stock With Hid?!

sorry for the upcoming stupid question guys, but i was getting bugged by someone on ebay (lexmaniac) i was about to by a few parts from and now he's got me thinking that maybe something is up with my car.

i have a 1998 gs400 which i bought from a certified lexus dealership. the car did not come with navi or hid. the front lower fogs are also white, not yellow. this was a one owner car, i bought it with 43k miles straight from the dealer. now this guys arguing with me telling me that i have been HAD and got ripped off at the dealer because he claims every single gs400 comes stock with HID regardless of the level of options or premium/sport package you do or dont have. he claims this is NOT an option and the only way i wouldnt have HID is if someone ripped them out and put regular bulbs in there instead. when i told him i had bought an aftermarket philips hid setup and installed that, he further went on to tell me that i didnt even know what type of car i had because i should not have had to do that, and claimed i must have a gs300 because i dont have hid. i know what size motor is in my gs400, i know what i paid for it, and i know how much money i waste in gas every two days because of my damn v8, lol, is there any documentation or link from the web i can send this guy to prove to him that he doesnt know what hes talking about. or WAS i really jipped out of a factory option i was supposed to have. any time you spend digging up this info is appreciated, thanks in advance.

-mike d.

sorry for the upcoming stupid question guys, but i was getting bugged by someone on ebay (lexmaniac) i was about to by a few parts from and now he's got me thinking that maybe something is up with my car.

i have a 1998 gs400 which i bought from a certified lexus dealership. the car did not come with navi or hid. the front lower fogs are also white, not yellow. this was a one owner car, i bought it with 43k miles straight from the dealer. now this guys arguing with me telling me that i have been HAD and got ripped off at the dealer because he claims every single gs400 comes stock with HID regardless of the level of options or premium/sport package you do or dont have. he claims this is NOT an option and the only way i wouldnt have HID is if someone ripped them out and put regular bulbs in there instead. when i told him i had bought an aftermarket philips hid setup and installed that, he further went on to tell me that i didnt even know what type of car i had because i should not have had to do that, and claimed i must have a gs300 because i dont have hid. i know what size motor is in my gs400, i know what i paid for it, and i know how much money i waste in gas every two days because of my damn v8, lol, is there any documentation or link from the web i can send this guy to prove to him that he doesnt know what hes talking about. or WAS i really jipped out of a factory option i was supposed to have.  any time you spend digging up this info is appreciated, thanks in advance.

-mike d.

i also have a 1998 GS400, i dont have anything either, my car is just like yours, itz onli because our car was one that didnt come with the option packet, it's a low class GS400, dont worry about it, that other guy doesnt kno what he's talking about.

Just b/c its a Lexus doesn't mean that all of the GS400's are equipped w/ HID's and NAVI. Unfortunetly they are not standard but only options. I believe the GS430 comes with HID's and yellow fogs as a standard however the NAV is an option. This is the list of standard equipment installed in your 98 GS400: http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/lexus/gs4...denav..5.Lexus*

Do not feel as if you got riped off. These luxury options are very expensive and are not givin to every lexus owner. You have a great car.....enjoy it.

Just b/c its a Lexus doesn't mean that all of the GS400's are equipped w/ HID's and NAVI.  Unfortunetly they are not standard but only options.  I believe the GS430 comes with HID's and yellow fogs as a standard however the NAV is an option.  This is the list of standard equipment installed in your 98 GS400: http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/lexus/gs4...denav..5.Lexus*

Do not feel as if you got riped off.  These luxury options are very expensive and are not givin to every lexus owner.  You have a great car.....enjoy it.

trust me i do, i owned two hondas before my lexus haha. and i figured this would be the response id get and was what i was looking for. i know my cars for the most part and always do a lot of research before i buy anything. i just couldnt believe this guy was telling me i didnt have a 400 because mine didnt come with hid. it aggrivates me how adamant some people will get about things even though theyre not nearly as educated as they think. thanks again.

Like the other members said, HIDs became standard only with the GS430 model. Although a number of dealerships optioned the HIDs on the car so they can sell at a premium, there are plenty of GS400s out there without HIDs.