Es Body Panel Coming Loose

Attached is a snapshot of my drivers side body panel that has become loose. The look is driving me crazy. After having my car serviced with Lexus, they recommened I have it cleaned and clipped for $50 but they didnt guarantee it would last long. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

post-15420-1118336593_thumb.jpg

i suggest that you use a clear silicone glue to make it stick back into place. that's what i did with some of the silver trim on the lower moulding of my car, and it worked great.

before doing anything, clean the part that is loose and the area behind it and make sure you dry it completely. for me, 2 plastic snaps had broken, so i took sandpaper to them to rough them up a little bit, and then applied the glue and held on it with a fair amount of pressure for about 2-3 minutes. this should fix it, and if there's any extra residue seeping through any of the edges, let it completely dry and use a razor blade to slice it off.

you'll need a caulk gun and a silicone glue tube, which shouldn't cost you too much. ( i found the gun in my garage, and the glue was about $5.)

Edited by 91L3xus

Depending on the trim piece (I've never looked at that one). They're all held on by plastic screws, push snaps, and double sided foam tape.

Anything will hold it on. Just make sure if you're going to use a glue, that you prop something heavy up against it to hold it in place while it sets.