What A Car Blake!

ED.

Lexus can take the credit for the cluster-it's truely a feat!! The stereo on the other hand, Mikado put in a new stereo lcd and backlighting in August '04. When your lcd goes, I have the contact info here in the forum! Thanks for the nice words!! :cheers:

yes but the bulbs arnt hard to find i changed them out myself in my radio i found some at this lights department store its not hard but i work at motorola and i had a friend put the bulbs on there

Some of them like to flicker so replacement will come soon. Can I find these parts at the Lexus dealer or radio shack? Also, how difficult is it to remove the climate control unit? If its not too bad I might do it tomorrow.

Thanks

heres a tutorial for the climate control removal

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400str1.htm

(i kno its for the radio but it wil get the job done the radio and climate control are hooked up together but can be taken apart) this should take you around 5 minute to get out of the car real easy

and about the bulbs radio shack and lexus are useless radioshack doesnt sell bulbs small enough u might try home depot or some store of that sort but a electronics repair store or a lighting store will get u bulbs but im not sure how youd change the bulbs since they arent like conventional bulbs where u twist them (u kno what im trying to say right) lol

-o and blake are u able to get me a cd changer removal tutorial u never got back to me on it????

thanks

yes but the bulbs arnt hard to find i changed them out myself in my radio i found some at this lights department store its not hard but i work at motorola and i had a friend put the bulbs on there

I was referring to the LCD screen. After a while, they turn to "hieroglyphics." Like so:

DSC00891.sized.jpg

When I got it back from Mikado, they had changed the backlighting as a courtesy. They are great people!

I haven't forgotten about the changer removal. It's poring right now, so I can't take any pictures which are needed to make sense of this procedure.

o yes i fixed that to it was the same as the phones that motorola used to make back in 95-00 around taht area before colored screens came in so i fixed mine i have ot of them now ones in my car and the other one i kept just incase because it took a while to fix it but it is a fixable problem if u kno what your doing i dont mind sending u the LCD if u need it i could sell it to you or something because i have no use for it and im about to buy my 3rd radio for my LS because my current one is F****** up again costing me anotehr $200 it worked fine for 2-3 months and the cd button stopped working all of a sudden thats why i wanted to find a salage yard because ebay is really about luck when u get involved with used parts u never really kno what ur getting