Straight Answer On Rims

Ok, I'm about to purchase a 2001 GS430. I have it narrowed down to a couple, I'm in the middle of dealing.

When I get it, I would like to put 17 or 18 inch rims on it. No dubs, no 20's, nothing too wild, just something more fitting the car than those stock rims. (I'm thinking something like a five spoke with the "rivet" look.)

So how can I get a straight answer on what rim will fit properly, not stick out too far, have the right "offset" etc. I'm a total novice, just need to know where I can go to order the right rims.

Is it ok to go to local shops versus online? What's the tradeoff on being screwed on price versus being screwed on quality?

I also don't want to spend much more than a few grand, if possible.

Any direction appreciated.

I'd go to some local shops. My friend had this one shop place a rim on his car so that he could get a feel for what best fit his interests. Some websites offer pictures models for your vehicle but I personally prefer direct observation. Glad to hear that you are getting a GS430. I myself am looking for either a 01'/02 GS430 black/black....such a sexy car.

I've bought one set of wheels and many sets of tires from Tire Rack and have been very happy with their prices, fast service and products. As of today, Tire Rack lists 97 different wheel models that fit a 2001 GS430 --> http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/Whe...01&autoModClar=

Any issue with rubbing on certain widths? If I go 18x10 in back and 18x9 in front?

What about tire height on 18's what is the range, if I don't lower the car but leave it at stock settings?

Thanks again.