Replacing Air Sus With Conventional Springs

Wilfred

Hello

I have 1 bad air strut on 1990 Lexus LS400 and even after starting the car in the morning, the ride height does not normalise to where its spose to be. So i guess its time to change it to conventional stuff.

So i was wondering if someone can post me the required pdf (especially the rear cause i can't seem to find it). or any helpful html. I've done a search found some for the front but not 100% sure if its for the 90-95 model or the 95-99 model.

Also any particular type of springs and shocks recommended? In Australia it seems the most popular is Koni.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for that

Problem i am facing now is that in Australia there doesn't seem to be anyone with something for it. Like apparently you cant just get some Koni shocks and King springs and whack it on because it won't work you need the bit at the top to screw on or something. Is this true?

On that website it says strutmasters. Anyone used these before are they good?

Are strutmasters my only option for a conversion from air to conventional stuff? Anyone else know of anything else. I have to order something from the states and import it in i think.

Thanks for that

Problem i am facing now is that in Australia there doesn't seem to be anyone with something for it. Like apparently you cant just get some Koni shocks and King springs and whack it on because it won't work you need the bit at the top to screw on or something. Is this true?

On that website it says strutmasters. Anyone used these before are they good?

Are strutmasters my only option for a conversion from air to conventional stuff? Anyone else know of anything else. I have to order something from the states and import it in i think.

I did use strutmaster to convert a 94 LS4 I used to own. it's a bit costly compared to standard shock+spring, but it's a straight replacment of air strut so that you don't have to modify anything or add-on in order to convert.

the ride is definately firm compared to air sus.

I had a chat with the wrecker and he said the plug at the top is for the TEMS shock controller that was available in some Celsiors/LS400. Apparently, appart from the airbag suspension and basic shock/spring setups there were also adjustable front gas shocks. If you don't plug it in the shock just runs at the comfort level.

Hmm..