Configuring Security

stever

I have a question for those of you that are service savvy- I think the LS400 can be configured differently in terms of its security features. For instance, right now the doors do not automatically lock, however on other Toyotas I've owned the doors lock when the car starts up and unlock when the ignition is turned off. I would like to do similar things to the LS400 and customize it's operation but I am unsure how to go about it. Any advice? :huh:

If you use the search function of this forum you will find past topics about the autolock function not being a CBEST setting on the 98-00 LS. I can't remember if the auto-unlock function is available on a 98-00 but I would not want it anyway since it could be a safety/security issue.

If you use the search function of this forum you will find past topics about the autolock function not being a CBEST setting on the 98-00 LS.  I can't remember if the auto-unlock function is available on a 98-00 but I would not want it anyway since it could be a safety/security issue.

Thanks for the info. What is a CBEST setting?

If you use the search function of this forum you will find past topics about the autolock function not being a CBEST setting on the 98-00 LS.  I can't remember if the auto-unlock function is available on a 98-00 but I would not want it anyway since it could be a safety/security issue.

Thanks for the info. What is a CBEST setting?

Sorry- I just did a search and read up some. So... what I gather is that the CBEST settings determine the behavior of the car and these can only be set at the dealership. Correct?

The C-BES settings are set with a handheld device that the dealer (and probably repair shops) has. I would have to look at my repair manuals for information on what the devise is called.

The C-BES settings are set with a handheld device that the dealer (and probably repair shops) has.  I would have to look at my repair manuals for information on what the devise is called.

Thanks for your help. I know of a mechanic that may be able to change these codes. :)