Wise Purchase?

I'm considering purchasing a 94 ES300 from my brother in law's mother. It has 58,800 miles and has had all scheduled maintenance performed by Lexus of Wayzata dealer. The 60,000 mile service was just completed. I can purchase this car for $10,000. Obviously, knowing the history is a big plus. No wild driving that I'm aware of. One small area above a back wheel is starting to rust. Otherwise, in great shape and runs smoothly at this time. Battery was replaced this past winter. Tires are about one year old.

I've read that the repair costs on Lexus are pretty high which is my major concern given the car has 60,000 miles on it. Can those of you with a 94 ES300 share your repair experiences beyond 60,000 mile mark? I can't figure out what to expect--smooth sailing with regular maintenance or possible costly repairs. Also, have people found better, albeit more expensive, service at the dealers? I've owned a '90 Toyota Camry and currently an '89 Toyota Cressida. The Camry I bought new and the Cressida was my Mom's. It has 122,000 miles on it. Overall, good cars to own and not a lot of money on repairs.

So, how about this Lexus? This one or buy a used Camry with fewer miles? I'm seeking reliability and low cost overall. Thanks for your replies.

i am a bit wiery o the idea of it having any rust

i have a 94 also with 0 rust

and 2 ousins with 92-93 also none

so i am guessing it might be much worse where you cannopt see it

other wise the 94 is a very good car stay away from the 92-93