Sc300 Problem

I noticed that my steering isn't nearly as easy as I've heard and read that it should be. Not that I mind, I like having it stiff, but is there an easy way of detecting what the problem could be? Also, if I leave it as is will it do any damage? The fluid level is fine.

The steering is easier on my Ford Explorer than my 1994 Lexus sc300.

Sounds like there *may* be a air bubble in your fluid, but general the steering in the SC's are stiff, turning circle is fairly wide also 12.1m turning cirle I think from memory. :P

I look at it being more a good thing then bad, e.g. 200km+ driving, you don't want to tap the steering only to have it do a half circle because of high sensitivity. :( <_<

The majority of those GT cup cars don't have power steering installed to improve sensitivity to the road for drivers though I don't wanna do that with 255's on :unsure:

I suppose you could give a look at the bushings and related pivot points - make sure your power steering is working right like exo says. Are you the first ower of this car? If not, the power steering may have been tricked. There is a way to make the steering more firm with less power assist. I'm not up to speed on the details tough.