Remove Front Passenger Seat

Hi all- new to this site- I've been trying to figure out where the amp is on a 95 ls400 (regular sound system) and have come to the conclusion that there either isnt one, its in the trunk, or its under the passenger seat.

I've checked in the trunk, and found a box, but it didnt do much and there seems to be a goldmine of activity under the passenger seat (not to mention the accumulation of a good sum of quarters and dimes).

I've been looking for a tutorial or any advice as to how to remove the front seats, but havent found anything for it.

also, has anyone put a 10" sub in the spot where the stock sub sits? I'm considering putting one in, but if it requires a lot of difficult work then i'll stick with an 8 incher.

any help is greatly appreciated- thanks

also- is the 95 ls considered mk2? the headlights confuse me becuase on what i consider a true mk2 the headlights are more smooth and are clear. Thanks in advance

-rob

slide the front passenger seat forward and tilt it forward as well. You'll see a plastic cover on the floor board, secured with 2 screws. That is your amp. I've got a 95 with same stereo. Don't know if it's gen2 or gen3. I know it's gen2 design, and I think gen3 came out in 98 with the new headlights. I know the body style didn't have a dramatic change until 95.

also- is the 95 ls considered mk2? the headlights confuse me becuase on what i consider a true mk2 the headlights are more smooth and are clear. Thanks in advance

95-00 LSs are second generation cars...notice that UCF20L is on your id sticker in the door jam just as UCF20L would also be marked on a 98-00. The third generation is the LS430. ;)