Can Anyone Run This Vin #?

lexusless

Hope this helps... How much you paying?? I might buy a 93 with 93 for about 8k...

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1992 LEXUS LS 400 (JT8UF11E9N0111815). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM

The story of this 1992 LEXUS LS 400 (JT8UF11E9N0111815) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:

This sedan has had at least 4 owners. The first title for this sedan was reported to CARFAX by a California DMV in 1992.

It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.

It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.

It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.

It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 09/03/2002, was 117,444 miles.

It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).

Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary

1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found

Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®

No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 4 Estimated Owner(s)

Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations

5. RECALL CHECK

LEXUS Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX

6. WARRANTY CHECK

No Data Reported to CARFAX

CARFAX searched more than 3 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 13 record(s) for this 1992 LEXUS LS 400 (JT8UF11E9N0111815).

Date:

Mileage Reading:

Source:

General Comments:

12/18/1991 NICB

Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original

dealer

01/07/1992 California

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Title issued or updated

12/17/1993 34,162 California

Inspection Station

San Diego, CA

Passed emissions inspection

12/15/1995 59,239 California

Inspection Station

San Diego, CA

Passed emissions inspection

12/05/1996 70,114 California

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Odometer reading reported for title

or registration

02/28/1997 California

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Title issued or updated

New owner reported

Loan or lien reported

01/13/1998 Illinois

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Bloomington, IL

Title #T8013094017

Title issued or updated

02/03/1998 82,200 Illinois

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Bloomington, IL

Title #T8034853009

Title issued or updated

12/17/1999 96,220 Maryland

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Silver Spring, MD

Title #29024191

Title or registration issued

Loan or lien reported

08/14/2002 Dealer Inventory

Falls Church, VA

Vehicle offered for sale

09/03/2002 117,444 Virginia

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Falls Church, VA

Title or registration issued

New owner reported

09/05/2002 Auto Auction

Sold at auction

in Eastern Region

Listed as

a fleet vehicle

11/26/2002 North Carolina

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Washington, NC

Title #770894023308055

Registration issued or renewed

New owner reported

Thank you for your help! Wow, thats some good information. Not what I expected at all. I thought it may have been sold originally by the Raleigh, NC Lexus dealer. No wonder he hasn't contacted me back with a service report.

According to another NC dealer, it hasn't been back to a Lexus dealer for the 30, 60 or 90 thousand mile checkup. 117, 444 miles at the last time sold sounds about right, the current owner said she bought it with 119,000 miles. She had the timing belt and water pumped changed in July '04 by the local Toyota dealer. I confirmed that with their service department.

The car has four different tires and that's just the obvious maintenence needed. The owner is clearly in over their head. I'm expecting to put some time and money in for suspension, tune-up, etc. This site is excellent for info and links.

I've been looking for an old muscle car to fix up but this seems more practical as a project and and eventual everyday driver.

She says $4,500.00 "As Is" with 130,00 miles. The car is remarkably clean outside and in, almost seemed too clean, but the report you provided is comforting. I haven't driven it or talked any further with the owner, but as of last week it was still available.

Thanks Again!

4500 for that car with those repairs sounds about right.. Make sure the front end is checked out by LEXUS.. That will cost about 1500 minimum.. Maybe this is why she has different tires..? Good luck..

Make sure you use this website as a guide and take it for a test drive. Cheers

lexusless, I assume you're talking about Johnson Lexus here in Raleigh? I'm here too, and bought my 95 from them in May of 04 with 84k miles. I know they've got some older ones up there now too, mostly 95 and 96 models. They do charge a bit of a premium for their cars, but you can negotiate with them, and you will KNOW it's ready for the road! I had the 90k service done as condition of sale. I also got them to change out the ecu unit with their 90 day / 3,000 mile warranty! 95 and 96 models have a funky flaw in the computer that creates an "off throttle shock" situation around the 40mph range. I do recommend checking them out. I would insist on a new timing belt, and ecu unit as condition of sale, and you'd be good to go. If you need a recommendation for an EXCELLENT local mechanic for your pending ls400 that doesn't rip you off, contact premium imports down on wake forest ave., inside the belt line, right across the intersection where Snoppy's Hot Dog's Restaurant is. You know where I'm talking about? Ask for Steve, and tell him you were sent by the Black 95LS400 that had all the rear control arms, suspension and differential mounts replaced last week. He'll know who you're talking about.