Have You Ever Done Something To Your Ls..

CanadaCraig

Hi Guys!! :)

Have you ever done something to your LS that you wish you didn't?

Or thought you paid WAY too much for what you got?

Or bought something for your LS that didn't live up to your expectations?

Thanks,

Craig!! :)

yeah, every single time I have to take it to the dealer for service! :o

Not yet and I hope I never do. When I was young and didn't know as much I am sure that I was taken by a mechanic or two for an overly expensive or unnecessary repair, but not on my Lexus yet.

(Although I do agree w/ NC211 that the stealership service really hurts. In addition to their cars, they should provide their customers with a lube job before they bend them over on the bill)

Or thought you paid WAY too much for what you got?

I waay overpaid for my car considering the condition it was in when I got it, and I wish I would have had the dealer/ a shop do the timing belt, and while they were in there, they should have done the cam/crank seals. Other than that, it's all been great!! I've learned to get over the price-cosmetically it was very bad(leather, paint, etc.), but I don't know if there is another around that is in such great mechanical shape-and I guess that's the most impt. part. :D

:cheers:

Same here.

My 208k 1990 LS has timing belt replaced twice at the same dealership. They never change the crankshaft seal. Now, 75k after the last timing belt change, the oil leakage is making a big mess under the engine, from the crankshaft pulley toward the rear end of the car.

I guess I have to bring the car in to the same place to take care of the problem. Maybe I'll have them change the timing belt, water pump, pulleys, tensioner, cam & crankshaft seals and coolant pipe O-ring.... (everything) as well, for almost the same labor cost. :cries: