Subwoofers In 92 Es300

Hey all,

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas/instructions on how to route the wires from trunk to batteries in a 92 Es300. I'm planning on putting in subs today...if I can find a good way of doing it. I'd like to not go through the passenger area, because there really isn't anywhere to hide the wires unless there is some way of going under the center console? I wouldn't even know how to do that though. So any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey all,

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas/instructions on how to route the wires from trunk to batteries in a 92 Es300. I'm planning on putting in subs today...if I can find a good way of doing it. I'd like to not go through the passenger area, because there really isn't anywhere to hide the wires unless there is some way of going under the center console? I wouldn't even know how to do that though. So any help is greatly appreciated!

My Webpage

home page

Hey mxl4729,

I got all the wires routed the way I want them I guess...I was scared to drill into the firewall because I wasn't sure where a safe spot might be...so I ran my power line through the wire bundle that was already going through the firewall (next to hood shock on left side). However...I don't know whether my ground is messed up or what, but my amp won't seem to turn on. I ran the ground to a small nut on the back right of the trunk to what looks to be a screw/nut holding in the taillight on that side...I wasn't sure if this was a good idea but I couldn't find any other nut/bolt assemblies to work with as I rushed through this. Any suggestions on a good ground location? Also, I just wanted to make sure I hooked up my power line correctly...I've got a terminal ring around the positive screw rear of the actual terminal, that seems to hold the connection of the power line to the battery. Anyways, thanks a lot!

Hey mxl4729,

I got all the wires routed the way I want them I guess...I was scared to drill into the firewall because I wasn't sure where a safe spot might be...so I ran my power line through the wire bundle that was already going through the firewall (next to hood shock on left side). However...I don't know whether my ground is messed up or what, but my amp won't seem to turn on. I ran the ground to a small nut on the back right of the trunk to what looks to be a screw/nut holding in the taillight on that side...I wasn't sure if this was a good idea but I couldn't find any other nut/bolt assemblies to work with as I rushed through this. Any suggestions on a good ground location? Also, I just wanted to make sure I hooked up my power line correctly...I've got a terminal ring around the positive screw rear of the actual terminal, that seems to hold the connection of the power line to the battery. Anyways, thanks a lot!

Do you have a test light, digital volt meter or , analog volt meter. A meter is the best way to check the ground but you can do it with a test light.

Also i am not sure if you know but all amps have a remote termanal. This termanal must be conected 12 volts when the key is on. This turns on the amp only when the car is running so you battery is not drained.

I grounded my next to the spare tire. i driled throught the body and screwed it right in using a star washer under the ring clip. This is important because the star washer digs throught the paint to give you a good ground. or you could take some sand paper and sand away the paint under were the ground is attached.