What Is Engine Sludge?

Hi...i've been reading a lot of the posts lately and realized that a lot of people have been posting engine sludge. What is engine sludge exactly? How can you tellif you have engine sludge? A lot of posts have people recommending engine flushes? I havent done an engine flush at all in any of my cars..is it recommended? Plz inform me....I have noticed tho that my RX is burning more gas lately tho. Is this a sign?

Hi...i've been reading a lot of the posts lately and realized that a lot of people have been posting engine sludge. What is engine sludge exactly? How can you tellif you have engine sludge? A lot of posts have people recommending engine flushes? I havent done an engine flush at all in any of my cars..is it recommended? Plz inform me....I have noticed tho that my RX is burning more gas lately tho. Is this a sign?

hay man I am a 3 year automotive service tec.

engien sluge is the bildup of broken down oil it forms on your cams and lifters at first but if not flushd u can start to see problems with leaky valv seals or sticky valvs for eg youur fule is probley that u need a tun and i would sugest a fule flush these car's requir u to also buy an upper intak gasket to do the back plug's

take off the oil cap and look underneath. If you notice any thick accumulations of oil {sludge} there or on the dipstick. Also see if your car is blowing white smoke. Mostly caused by not changing oil at proper intervals. Change every 5k/6 months up to 50k miles and then after 3k miles after . If you do alot of heavy driving you should do 3k miles changes

You cannot see engine sludge in the RX300 by looking underneath the oil cap. There is a baffle beneath the cap that blocks your vision. You have to remove the valve cover(s).

take off the oil cap and look underneath. If you notice any thick accumulations of oil {sludge} there or on the dipstick. Also see if your car is blowing white smoke. Mostly caused by not changing oil at proper intervals. Change every 5k/6 months up to 50k miles and then after 3k miles after . If you do alot of heavy driving you should do 3k miles changes