What Is Average Price For Detailing?

I'm not familiar w/ detailing at all. I want to get my RX300 detailed and would like to get an idea of cost for initial work plus for maintaining it. Not sure if cost to keep up w/ it is worth it and maybe I should try to do it on my own. Any feedback to give me an idea is appreciated. Thx. :huh:

I'm not familiar w/ detailing at all.  I want to get my RX300 detailed and would like to get an idea of cost for initial work plus for maintaining it.  Not sure if cost to keep up w/ it is worth it and maybe I should try to do it on my own.  Any feedback to give me an idea is appreciated. Thx. :huh:

I was paid $250.00 for detailing a Cadillac De-ville yesterday.

I had to use detailing clay then polish the paint once with a rotary, then follow up with a PC then seal the paint. I also cleaned and treated the later interior, vacuumed, spot cleaned the carpets, treated all exterior rubber, cleaned, clayed and sealed the wheels.

It really depends on your location, level of detail wanted, the detailer 's prices, etc.

My customers don't have the time nor the desire to detail their own cars.

Here is a great place to read up and learn detailing if you want to attempt certain areas of keeping your car clean.

Click below my signature to read about car care at Lexus detailing articles.

Thanks for the reply. I will probably do some of the minor upkeep myself but like your customers, I'm w/o the time/desire to do all of it myself.

One more questions if you don't mind, I've been using Armor-all for my dash but my dash quickly collects dust and I'm constantly having to rewipe it (it's black). Do you know of any other products that will still leave that nice shine w/o the dust magnet?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply.  I will probably do some of the minor upkeep myself but like your customers, I'm w/o the time/desire to do all of it myself.

One more questions if you don't mind, I've been using Armor-all for my dash but my dash quickly collects dust and I'm constantly having to rewipe it (it's black).  Do you know of any other products that will still leave that nice shine w/o the dust magnet? 

Thanks!!

Sonus Cockpit Detailer

his stuff is great at removing dust from the vinyl. If you want to use a different protect-ant, I use Sonus total eclipse vinyl protector. It has less shine than the armour all and does nt attract as much dust.

Sonus Total Eclipse

I'm not familiar w/ detailing at all.  I want to get my RX300 detailed and would like to get an idea of cost for initial work plus for maintaining it.  Not sure if cost to keep up w/ it is worth it and maybe I should try to do it on my own.  Any feedback to give me an idea is appreciated. Thx. :huh:

I had to use detailing clay then polish the paint once with a rotary, then follow up with a PC then seal the paint. I also cleaned and treated the later interior, vacuumed, spot cleaned the carpets, treated all exterior rubber, cleaned, clayed and sealed the wheels.

It really depends on your location, level of detail wanted, the detailer 's prices, etc.

Here is a great place to read up and learn detailing if you want to attempt certain areas of keeping your car clean.

What do you mean seal the paint? Sorry, noob here.

It really depends on what condition the vehicle is in, the type of vehicle, and the color on top of what you want done.

The first time I'd quote you $200 or so to do that vehicle sight unseen and then adjust my price once I see it.

I no longer detail for profit or I'd do it for you but I can refer you to someone in the area that does good work if you'd like. We dont have many good detailers in DC.

What do you mean seal the paint? Sorry, noob here.

To seal the paint is the same as applying a wax. Except it is a sealant (acrylic, polymer, etc)

Sealants last longer then most carnuaba based waxes.

The sealants are Klasse All In One, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, Autoglym Super resin Polish and Autoglym Extra gloss protection, Zaino, Wolfgang, Liquid glass, NXT, Maguires #20, the list goes on.

Carnuaba Waxes are P21S, Meguiars #26,and #16, Mothers carnuaba,Eagle One, etc.

On my own cars i apply a sealant like Klasse AIO then HGSG, then I add a carnuaba wax like P21S just for a different look.

Lexus car care articlesLet me know if you have anymore questions.

Jon

It really depends on what condition the vehicle is in, the type of vehicle, and the color on top of what you want done.

The first time I'd quote you $200 or so to do that vehicle sight unseen and then adjust my price once I see it.

I no longer detail for profit or I'd do it for you but I can refer you to someone in the area that does good work if you'd like. We dont have many good detailers in DC.

Would you know anyone in Miami?