How To Remove Door Panel?

The power lock on my passenger side door seems to have crapped out. The switch works fine; it's the actual power lock that doesn't work. You can manually lock and unlock it by sliding the "toggle switch/lock." (does that make sense?)

So far, I removed the trim around the door handle. I also removed the screw below the tweeter and started prying from there. I managed to work my way down and around to the other side, removing 3 out of the 4 sides. I can't seem to get the top portion of the door panel off.

Am I forgetting to remove any screws? or should I just give it some more force?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

btw, it's a '99 ES300

The power lock on my passenger side door seems to have crapped out. The switch works fine; it's the actual power lock that doesn't work. You can manually lock and unlock it by sliding the "toggle switch/lock." (does that make sense?)

So far, I removed the trim around the door handle.  I also removed the screw below the tweeter and started prying from there.  I managed to work my way down and around to the other side, removing 3 out of the 4 sides.  I can't seem to get the top portion of the door panel off.

Am I forgetting to remove any screws? or should I just give it some more force?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

btw, it's a '99 ES300

:D

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...l=door++removal

Thanks for the link.

After all that work removing the door panel, I decided it was too much work going any further. I'd have to remove too much stuff to get down to the power lock mechanism. Thanks for all the work though.

Thanks for the link.

After all that work removing the door panel, I decided it was too much work going any further.  I'd have to remove too much stuff to get down to the power lock mechanism.  Thanks for all the work though.

my button has crapped out on me on the same side, then one of my friends broke it. so u cant unlock it or lock it from the pass side maybe that is what is wrong with yours.

door is simple to get off take like 10 minutes takin yor time.

my button has crapped out on me on the same side, then one of my friends broke it. so u cant unlock it or lock it from the pass side maybe that is what is wrong with yours.

door is simple to get off take like 10 minutes takin yor time.

It's not the actual switch. If I hit the power switch, it will lock/unlock all the doors. The problem is with the actual power lock. Does anyone have a link to the actual power lock mechanism? If it's not too complicated, I would like to try to fix it myself. Do you think it's a feasible job or should I bring it to the dealer?