Impressed Passenger Story

I am in real estate and picked up a client in the LS430 at my office to do showings the other day. She joked around and gave me a hard time since I had a Jaguar XJ8 when we first met. We look at places, drive around, no big deal. When we were done we headed back to the office and hit Dallas North Parkway northbound, Dallas' version of the Autobahn (limited access tollway through nice part of town, tends to have limited traffic on weekends, cops seem to tolerate speeds up to 80 or so).

I don't have a Tolltag (lazy procrastinating bum) so I stop to pay my toll at the bottom booth, give the Lex half throttle, it speeds up swiftly and silently, and since traffic is light and it's getting late I let it get up to 85 or so. Sun was going down, sky was orange, climate control was keeping it nice inside as the vents oscillated back and forth, and that damn Lex just creamed down the road with just a whisper of wind noise and nothing else. If you've ever driven an LS430 on the highway you know nothing else comes close, and that includes big Mercedes and Rolls-Royces and Cadillacs. The silence and detached ride are beyond eerie, especially considering how well it handles at speed.

There was no conversation, and I grinned to myself that maybe she was enjoying it as much as I. Then she turns and looks at me with this face I can only describe as a combination of disbelief and awe, and says "Jason, this is a NICE car."

Yep, I would have to agree. Welcome to the club amigo. :cheers: