Rx400h Xm Radio

Just a note, these are Toyota OEM kits for other vehicles. Note that the Sirius kits from Toyota have a "Y" adapter for the harness but most XM kits do not. An exception is the Land Cruiser/ LX470 kit. On the Sienna, folks using the Land Cruiser kit have left off the the Amp integration harness and it works fine.

Basically, if you have Rear Seat DVD, and want this XM kit, you will need a Y cable or you will lose your RSE (DVD player). Try the Land Cruiser or LX470 kit to make this happen.

See your local Lexus or Toyota dealer. FYI, both the Sirius and XM kits will accomodate better antennas from the aftermarket. I'm running the Terk Xmicro with Pioneer adapter on my Solara kit inside my Prius. Why? The Xmicro antenna fits inside the spoiler of my Prius and is invisible. Good luck, post your results here!

Nate

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hijack the thread however im curious, Hendjaz, you posted in another forum regarding your trip in the new 400h you brought home from  the southwest.

How did that go for you.

Katzjamr, I posted some further details earlier tonight at edmunds, so as not to deviate from this thread too much. It was a great road trip and the RX-h quickly proved itself, climbing and descending mountain pass after mountain pass all the way back. Cruised at 75-80 mph effortlessly. For the nearly 1500 mile trip we got about 26 mpg which I thought was excellent given the terrain we traveled through and with no effort made to try to max out the gas mileage.

And, back on track, the XM made it just that much more pleasurable. We got the Invision dvd installed in the headrests for the kids so they were in dvd heaven for long stretchs while my wife and I enjoyed the beautiful scenery and the many XM channels. We could even check in with Seattle weather and traffic from nowhere CO or UT, but mostly enjoyed the music.

Sorry to hijack the thread however im curious, Hendjaz, you posted in another forum regarding your trip in the new 400h you brought home from  the southwest.

How did that go for you.

Thanks for the info.

One annoying thing about the Lexus stereo system, even with 3P satellite solutions like this one or the one from VAIS, is that it's not integrated with the LCD Nav. screen so you cannot easily see the title and artist name, etc. I can't understand why lexus didn't do that when Toyota has it on lower end models like the Highlander and Prius, Honda has it on their lower end models, etc.

I.e., I assume with your new solution you see the title and artist name by scrolling through the single-line radio display, not on the LCD screen. How do you like this? Does it function ok for displaying that info?

I talked to some guys at my local high-end car stereo outlet (Myer Emco) and they said the Lexus stereo system is strange - a "huge" interface, in their words, such that it could not be replaced with a different interface (i.e. in which the radio would be integrated w/ the LCD screen) even if you wanted to spend the money to do it.

Well guys,

-- snip --

In addition to the XM install, they also tested their Sirius unit and it worked perfectly.  I am extremely satisfied and it was much more reasonably priced than the VAIS unit.

The control unit mounted easily under a rear storage tray near the hatch and running the cable through the car was a piece of cake.  The satellite antenna was installed right behind the GPS antenna and you can hardly tell its there.

When you tested the Sirius unit, was it their standard Prius package, or were the connectors modified for the 400h?

Thanks!

Well guys,

-- snip --

In addition to the XM install, they also tested their Sirius unit and it worked perfectly.  I am extremely satisfied and it was much more reasonably priced than the VAIS unit.

The control unit mounted easily under a rear storage tray near the hatch and running the cable through the car was a piece of cake.  The satellite antenna was installed right behind the GPS antenna and you can hardly tell its there.

When you tested the Sirius unit, was it their standard Prius package, or were the connectors modified for the 400h?

Thanks!

They had to make some changes to their Prius wiring harness, but they were minor.