New Ipod Mini

TexGX

Hey Guy,

Quick question. What is the best way to connect a iPod Mini to the GX? I have a 04 with Nav. I am looking for the best sound quality and easy of use. I know that one thread talked about it working though the Nav unit, but seemed that sound quality was not the best. Any help would be great.

TexGX

The Vais technology unit is the way to go. http://www.emba42.com/lexus/

I did have some sound quality issues with some of my MP3 files that weren't encoded correctly. Turns out it is an iPod problem and not a Vais Tech unit. The iPod doesn't normalize the signal coming out the bottom of the iPod. They do for the sound coming out the top earphone connector so I don't know why then couldn't for the bottom as well. Anyway, my problem was fixed by inlining a couple of 4.6k resistors in the left and right channels between the iPod and the Vais Tech unit.

I used the cassette adaptor before the Vais Tech unit was available and it was OK, but there are a lot of messy wires, and there is a sound degradation using this method. Now, I just put my iPod in the glove box and control it from the radio.

Those are two separate issues. I agree that since the AIC-100i is made to connect to the iPod that putting resistors inline would be a smart move for them. I'm able to do it myself and the unit offers by far the best integration for Lexus so I'm OK doing the work myself.

I think they don't include the ground loop isolator because not everyone needs one. I actually had a ground loop isolator from a previous car. I tried installing it when I put the AIC-100i in my GX and found that ther was no difference. I don't hear engine noise, or other audio artifacts without the ground loop isolator, so putting it in place did nothing.

A ground loop isolator isn't the same thing as a resistor. A ground loop isolator is a giant capacitor, not a resistor.

Why doesn't VAIS tech put the resistors in their unit?!?!  You would think that for the hundreds of dollars they charge for their $20 product, they'd include a ground loop isolator!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...