Problem With New Clear Turn Signals

flash213

I finally got around to installing the clear turnlights on my 95. After testing the left turn signal I tried the right and the fuse blew. I replaced the fuse tried the right signal again and again it blew . I then went to change back to the orginal light bulbs and replaced the fuse again . Now the lights do not work at all. I have checked all the connections and fuses all are good. Only the turn signals do not work, the corner lights next to the turn signals and all other lights work. My pesimistic gut feeling is that something got fried. Any input or suggestions? Thanks.

Ill check the relay out. Thanks RFeldes. I also now hear a buzzing sound coming from underneath the steering wheel column when I turn the ignition, maybe near the fuse box.

what about hazard mode? does it work?

the turn signal switch is located to the right and above the bx where you change the the turn light fuse. let me know if you can find it, i will tell you how to check if its workin properly

I tried the hazards and they didnt work.I took the black underpanel off and could not declare what was the relay. I could see a connection box directly above the fuse box. Maybe this is what im looking for. How would I test the relay once I have found it. Thanks for the help.

"I also now hear a buzzing sound coming from underneath the steering wheel column when I turn the ignition, maybe near the fuse box"

That would be indicative of a bad relay, it is near the fuse panel and if it is buzzing pull it and get a replacement, unless you have a digital voltmeter and have a diagram to apply 12 Volts to test it's continuity. Sounds like you have a bad bulb replacement with the kit and it fried the relay. A difficult circuit to troubleshoot, so test your bulbs after replacement of the relay before putting them in. a place like autozone should do that for you or wherever you purchase the new relay. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a new relay. I have looked at the manual and it is not clear as to where the relay is exactly (not to me anyways). I have looked and looked and swear I cant find it. Anyone ever replaced one? Thanks for any help. In the diagram the relay is the "flasher".

turnsign.pdf