Lexus Dealer Car Hoist

My Rx400h is my first Japanese car and I unfamiliar with the knife edge type jack points used on the Rx400h and other Lexus/Toyota products.

The dealer uses a conventional hoist with flat ( horizontal ) metal plates that are adjusted to go under the knife edge jack points at the 4 jack points on the car. As a result 2 of my cars jacking points have been bent over about 45 degrees. The comment from the mechanic was this always happens!

Question: does your dealer use something other than the conventional flat metal plates to protect ( keep from bending ) the knife edge jacking points. If so what type of device?

Also my own hydralic jack at home will damage the jack points. Does anyone have any suggestion? Rubber pad or other device that you can make or purchase.

Ron

I prefer to use a small 2-by-4 or 4-by-4 wood block. The point sinks directly into the wood block and provides great stabilization while sitting on the jack tip.