Transmission Flush Every 30k? Drain Every 15k?

For those of you that like to diligently maintain your transmission, what is the proper intervals to do flush or drains? I just spoke to the Lexus service center who recommended doing a flush every 30k and drain every 15k. I made it clear to the tech that I was talking to that I would do the drain myself and flush at an independent mechanic. So I established that I was purely getting information from him in case anyone of you are thinking his suggestions were skewed to capture my business. :)

But what do you all think regarding the proper intervals? Currently my 1997 ES 300 has 66K miles on it so I'm looking to do either of these soon.

For those of you that like to diligently maintain your transmission, what is the proper intervals to do flush or drains? I just spoke to the Lexus service center who recommended doing a flush every 30k and drain every 15k. I made it clear to the tech that I was talking to that I would do the drain myself and flush at an independent mechanic. So I established that I was purely getting information from him in case anyone of you are thinking his suggestions were skewed to capture my business.  :)

But what do you all think regarding the proper intervals? Currently my 1997 ES 300 has 66K miles on it so I'm looking to do either of these soon.

If your doing a drain & fill every 15 - 30k miles I wouls stick with the 'drain & fills'. Having said that, I did a 100% fluid change about a year ago because I wanted to clean the filter mesh screen & replace the tranny pan gasket as a preventitive measure (I will be doing drain & fills from here on in every 2 years or 30k miles). I will do another 100% flush at the 60k mark again to replace & clean the aformentioned parts again......I will also be switching to Amsoil synthetic ATF which is compatable with BOTH dexron III & Toyota type IV fluid. B)

:cheers:

For those of you that like to diligently maintain your transmission, what is the proper intervals to do flush or drains? I just spoke to the Lexus service center who recommended doing a flush every 30k and drain every 15k. I made it clear to the tech that I was talking to that I would do the drain myself and flush at an independent mechanic. So I established that I was purely getting information from him in case anyone of you are thinking his suggestions were skewed to capture my business.  :)

I have always done a drain and fill every 30 to 40K miles and never had a tranny fail yet. Been using Amsoil for 50K miles and so far so good. I like the color (always red) but the smell is important to me. I like a non-burnt smell. So far the smell is the same as new when I drain.

I would just drain every 20K with a dino fluid and 30 to 40K with a synethic. I do it every 35 to 40K miles; depends on outside temps (to cold to mess with car).

I have always done a drain and fill every 30 to 40K miles and never had a tranny fail yet. Been using Amsoil for 50K miles and so far so good. I like the color (always red) but the smell is important to me. I like a non-burnt smell. So far the smell is the same as new when I drain.

I would just drain every 20K with a dino fluid and 30 to 40K with a synethic. I do it every 35 to 40K miles; depends on outside temps (to cold to mess with car).

A drain & fill requires about 3.5 qt's.......is that about right mburn? B)

A drain & fill requires about 3.5 qt's.......is that about right mburn? B)

Yes, I think I used 3.75 qts of ATF fluid for my last 2 drains (with diff).

there is a bolt that will allow the fluid to drain from the tran. pan., right?  My last vehicle; you had to take the entire pan off in order to drain the fluid.

I think there is a drain plug yes. B)