98 Gs4 Starter Removal?

I am going to have my car in for some bodywork and when I do I want to rebuild the starter its been causing some probs.My searches have turned up nothing.Has this been covered or does anyone have any advice? From what I have read this sounds like it could be a pain.

Is it under the intake manifold?

It should be on the drivers side where the block bolts up to the tranny(down low). With the cost of all the parts it's cheaper just to buy a new starter starter

I don't know how different the starters are, but my es was just click sometimes when you turn key, I replaced solenoid contacts and sanded plunger, worked like a champ. $15 for the contacts from toyota.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=19266

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/starter/

On the Lexus V-8's the starter is under the intake manifold. That's what makes the job less than easy.

If you are re-installing a starter you have repaired, test it carefully on the bench. Otherwise have it rebuilt professionaly, as they test it after rebuilding.

I searched everywhere before figuring out it was under the manifold.Now why would they put something so prone to going out in such a tough spot.Ive been very happy working on my car it seemed like they thought of everything when building it but this is too much.