My First Mods

racerx65

Hi. I have an '04 Is-300. I'd like to do some basic mods. I'm thinking CAI; exhaust; eibach pro kit; and koni shocks and struts. Any opinions and suggestions for the cai and exhaust would be much appreciated. Just looking for a little something to liven up the drive to work. Thanks!!

Hi. I have an '04 Is-300. I'd like to do some basic mods. I'm thinking CAI; exhaust; eibach pro kit; and koni shocks and struts. Any opinions and suggestions for the cai and exhaust would be much appreciated. Just looking for a little something to liven up the drive to work. Thanks!!

There is no "true" CAI for the IS. The intake snorkel is up under the hood lip, so you are already getting cool air. You might want to consider a Prolex or JoeZ intake tube to eliminate the resonator box, and a TRD or other low resisitance drop in filter.

Eibach ProKit springs is a good mild setup. You only get about 1" drop, so it's not radical, and adujstable Koni's work pretty well. Some might suggest coilovers, but that's a bigger expense and, IMHO, not a really good daily driver setup. My personal preference is stock exhaust, since the Lexus was meant to be quiet, and about all you get out of aftermarket exhaust is more noise, and a $500 to $700 hit on your wallet. Unless you plan to go FI, I don't think exhaust mods are really needed.