Dead Lexus

Hey all...I have a 1992 ES300 with 67,000 miles. It's cherry and I like it alot. Except for the fact that if I don't start it for a few days...I'll have a dead car and I got to throw it on the battery charger to get it going. I have recently replaced the battery and alternator. Any ideas as to whats wrong? It's just a spare car but I would still like to know it's gonna start. Thanks in advance.

Have you made sure that all of the lights are off in the car? Does the trunk light turn off when the trunk is closed? Is the dome light left on? Since it is only a spare car and if you can't find the cause, you can put on one of those quick disconnect battery terminals and just leave the battery disconnected when you are not going to use it for a while. That will keep the battery fresh. I don't think there are any problems on a '92 having the battery disconnected for a long period, but I would check your manual and make sure your radio doesn't have a security code or something.

you can put on one of those quick disconnect battery terminals and just leave the battery disconnected when you are not going to use it for a while. That will keep the battery fresh.

Doesnt that also reset all his radio settings? :whistles: Just wondering...

you can put on one of those quick disconnect battery terminals and just leave the battery disconnected when you are not going to use it for a while. That will keep the battery fresh.

Doesnt that also reset all his radio settings? :whistles: Just wondering...

Most likely the radio stations in memory will be lost when the battery is disconnected, even though some members claim it doesn't. :blink: