Trunk Release Button

NWFLS400

The front trunk release button does not work, yet the key and remote work fine. Is there a typical issue that Lexus has with that lever or it's circuitry? If not, I will troubleshoot, but thought I would check to see if others have had the same problem and what the issue had been.

Thanks for any information that you can provide to me.

I am assuming that you have checked and made sure the trunk release latch is not locked. In my 93 LS, there is a key insert next to the latch which locks and unlocks it.

My 93's trunk release quit working several years ago, and the problem involved a broken wire in the wiring harness which is attached to the left hinge of the trunk lid. Problems with this wiring harness are very common in the LS models from the first and second generation. One or more of the wires are too short, and the flexing involved in opening and closing the trunk lid apparently causes them to break. Splicing a new wire between the broken ends fixed my problem.

The 1st thing I check was to make sure it was not locked and that there was not a sequence that I had to follow - ie.. key in or out of ignition etc...

I will investigate the wiring harness and see if I can find anything.

Thanks for the reply.