Acceleration Problems Rx330

THarg

I have an RX 330 which accelerated on its own.  This occurred while attempting to shift from Drive to Park with the brake depressed.  I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

As with the previous reply, it happened to me in a new BMW. The carpet was loose and bunched up next to the brake and accelerator. Every time I pressed on the brake, the carpet pushed the accelerator too. Very dangerous problem.

I have an RX 330 which accelerated on its own.  This occurred while attempting to shift from Drive to Park with the brake depressed.  I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

As with the previous reply, it happened to me in a new BMW. The carpet was loose and bunched up next to the brake and accelerator. Every time I pressed on the brake, the carpet pushed the accelerator too. Very dangerous problem.

Thanks for the response. I'm sure that was not the problem in this case, as the care was at a complete stop, brake depressed and idling.

Thanks for the response. I'm sure that was not the problem in this case, as the care was at a complete stop, brake depressed and idling.

I think what you meant to say was that the engine rpm raced expectedly while you were shifting from Drive to Park, with the brake pedal depressed, right ? Could be a transmission problem or engine control problem, my thinking is that when you shift from Drive to Park, the load on the engine changes and the controller would normally (I guess) adjust the engine throttle accordingly to maintain rpm, if the controller is faulty I can see how it could lead to the symptom you'd described.