Bluetooth - Help

rocky2

I am new and hope I am stupid and missing something.

Just picked up RX 400h on Saturday.

Was just reviewing Bluetooth setup and features. Looks like features such as dialing phone and receiving calls "cannot be operated while driving".

What do I not understand, or what what use is the Bluetooth feature on a Lexus.

According to my owners manaual I cannot dial, use the phone book, receive calls, call, or talk on a Bluetooth phone while driving.

If I have to stop vehicle to use my cell phone this is worthless.

Please confirm or set me straight.

I am new and hope I am stupid and  missing something.

Just picked up RX 400h on Saturday.

Was just reviewing Bluetooth setup and features. Looks like features such as dialing phone and receiving calls "cannot be operated while driving".

What do I not understand, or what what use is the Bluetooth feature on a Lexus.

According to my owners manaual I cannot dial, use the phone book, receive calls, call, or talk on a Bluetooth phone while driving.

If I have to stop vehicle to use my cell phone this is worthless.

Please confirm or set me straight.

I just cancelled my order when the demo arrived this week. I could not agree with you more. As a former Lexus owner, I loved the touch screen on the NAV system, but the lock-out while in motion was annoying indeed.

When I needed a new car, BMW had the features I wanted, and the controls in motion, which I now take for granted, are an advantage. I thought that maybe NAV destination input was something you could live with, since you usually know that when you buckle up.

But locking out the integrated phonebook while the car is moving along the highway, so you need to tap the little buttons on the handset, sounds more dangerous. Hard to believe that the car was designed so that you need to stop the vehicle to place a call.

On the BMW you can select, place and disconnect calls on the phone either from the steering wheel buttons, or by voice commands.

Thanks for the advice on the Lexus phonebook. I never would have thought it.

When we arrived to pick up our 400, the salesman told us that all RX400hs sold by this dealersip will include lifetime membership in the "Lexus Bluetooth Concierge" activation and support. For a one-time $90 fee, this service provides live assistance for complete car phone system setup. They provide education, training, handset recommendation and service. We felt that given the extent of the service and the low cost, it would be money well-spent.

If you don't have this service, you might want to inquire about it. I'm fairly certain that you can receive calls while driving, since it is essentially hands-free.

• 2 weeks later...

You can use 1-touch dialing while you are moving. Of course, you first have to have numbers saved. You also have to remember which number is programmed for each 1-touch button, because the phone numbers are not displayed while you are moving.

You can use 1-touch dialing while you are moving.  Of course, you first have to have numbers saved.  You also have to remember which number is programmed for each 1-touch button, because the phone numbers are not displayed while you are moving.

Actually, if you store your 1 touch numbers in the address book, the names will be displayed while you are driving so no memorization required.

been receiving and calling on my treo 650 bluetooth for 3 days now in our rx400...while driving too

While my treo 650 (Sprint) senses the RX400H BT - the Lexus will not connect. Who is your carrier and did you have to do anything special to the 650 working with it?

Thanks for your help.