Hesitation Fix

edwardh1

Back from having the computer "re-flashed" and can tell some difference already, but I think it's just b/c it's just like starting all over learning my driving habits. It's not a HUGE difference, but it feels more smooth and there's acceleration out of turns. Hopefully it stays this way. I'm trying to drive like I normally would so it learns my habits properly. I would assume I drive it differently now than I did right after I purchased it and maybe that's part of the problem?

No modern day vehicle has any learning ability regarding driver habits beyond the past three minutes or so. To do otherwise would subect the "next" driver to the "whems" of the first.

According to the varous engineering "white papers" I have found published on the internet on this subject the various ECUs do lots of "learning" regarding controlling the various parameters involved in proper engine operation (how to keep the oxygen sensor "happy", etc.) gearbox ratios, etc.

With regards to driving style the ECU determines your style "roughly" with about one minute of putting the vehicle in motion. Then within the next two minutes it refines the rough estimate of your driving style in into some more precise parameters. Thereafter it keeps a three minute running record of how you operate and interact with the vehicle and continually updates the adaptive parameters. Learn as you go, if you will. You change your drivering style (encountered a snowstorm??) and it follows along, adaptively.

All driver learning parameters are discarded when the ignition is switched off.

Picked up the RX330 shop/repair manuals today.

$580.00 later...

Four THICK volumes.

The torque converter can or may be locked up in 3rd, 4th, or 5th gears, provided the throttle opening is only about 5%. I take this 5% to mean the vehicle is not accelerating.

It will upshift from 4th to 5th if you transistion to closed throttle at speed.

The only tests, verification, for engine compression braking is in 1st or 2nd.

The lock up clutch is ALWAYS released with brake application. This last says if the brake switch is "on" (brake applied) along with the gas pedal being depressed the ECU will activate the MIL, Malfunction Indicator Light.

Buried within each section of the documents is a note regarding how c-best options work and will affect the technicians testing.

More to come.