This Weekend

I will be installing an after market free air sub and amp. this weekend and I just want to be prepare for this. Now since I will be using the factory head unit and there's no preamp outputs that means I have to use a hi/low converter to tap to the speaker wire that runs into the back(factory sub). Now is this possible since this wire is actually a low level frequency and not a high level frequency. Thanks

PS I will let you guys know whether it sounds good or bad with the free air sub. I hope it will sound good because I really dont want to put a box in there and lose half of the trunk space.

yeah itll work, thats how i have mine set up, with a hi/low convertor. and it sounds pretty damn good and its not a free air sub, so im sure your sub will sound good. My car is a 96, the only reason i took the box out is because there wasnt enough air getting into the cab because of the gas tank being in the trunk. otherwise i would have left the box with 2 12's in. Anyway, if you have a 98+ i would go with a box, but its your choice and u prolly already have the sub.