Stuck In Dash Changer Cartridge

adams308

It happened to me once when I tried using a disc tray from a pioneer changer I had as a spare... they look exactly the same, but the lexus would not play the cd in the pioneer tray. I had trouble getting the magazien out, but, luckily after few creeping sounds, it did eject. I am sorry I could not be of much help.

THE ONLY WAY TO SAFELY EJECT THE CARTRIDGE IS TO REMOVE THE CD CHANGER FROM THE GLOVEBOX . THERE IS A SMALL OPENING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CHANGER THAT ALLOWS MANUAL RELEASE OF THE MAGAZINE IF THE ELECTRONIC EJECT ISNT WORKING. ONLY THE 95 TO 97 LS400 GLOVEBOX CHANGERS HAVE THIS MANUAL EJECT OPEINING. ANY ATTEMPT TO FORCE OUT THE MAGAZINE WILL RUIN THE WHOLE MECHANISM SO I DONT RECOMMEND IT. I AM A PIONEER FACTORY TECHNICIAN SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. YOUR CHANGER IS PIONEER MODEL CDX-P8056ZT. THE NEWER 98 UP LS400CHANGER IS CDX-M8196 ZT AND DOESNT HAVE THE OPENING.

• 2 years later...

So if I have a 98 GS400 Lexus with a stuck CD, is there no manual eject for me?

Thanks for any response-

Craig Paddock

THE ONLY WAY TO SAFELY EJECT THE CARTRIDGE IS TO REMOVE THE CD CHANGER FROM THE GLOVEBOX . THERE IS A SMALL OPENING ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CHANGER THAT ALLOWS MANUAL RELEASE OF THE MAGAZINE IF THE ELECTRONIC EJECT ISNT WORKING. ONLY THE 95 TO 97 LS400 GLOVEBOX CHANGERS HAVE THIS MANUAL EJECT OPEINING. ANY ATTEMPT TO FORCE OUT THE MAGAZINE WILL RUIN THE WHOLE MECHANISM SO I DONT RECOMMEND IT. I AM A PIONEER FACTORY TECHNICIAN SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. YOUR CHANGER IS PIONEER MODEL CDX-P8056ZT. THE NEWER 98 UP LS400CHANGER IS CDX-M8196 ZT AND DOESNT HAVE THE OPENING.

• 4 months later...

Hi, PIONEERSUBY,

I am a new member and can`t PM or e-mail. Have a quick question. Will the CD changer out of 2000 LS400 fit 1995 LS400 or are they different? And is there a way of removing the cartridge without connecting the changer? You input will be appreciated.

You can e-mail: vitaliyloboda@yahoo.com