Brake Upgrade Supra Vs Ls400

I looked at some of the posts relating to this, but it wasn't clear to me as to what the difference is between the Supra and the LS400 brake upgrade. Appreciate if someone could briefly tell me the difference between the two different calipers.

I looked at some of the posts relating to this, but it wasn't clear to me as to what the difference is between the Supra and the LS400 brake upgrade.  Appreciate if someone could briefly tell me the difference between the two different calipers.

I believe performance is similar. They look different. They are both big and heavy. ;)

Here is what the calipers look like (just look at the shape and not the stickers):

SupraTT:

17962Lexus_brakes_006-med.jpg

LS:

11320IMG_0314-med.JPG

Per intellexual.net

LS400:

caliper weight - 9 lbs

rotor diameter - 12.4 inches

rotor thickness - 1.26 inches

Supra:

caliper weight - 15 lbs

rotor diameter - 12.72 inches

Personally...I'm not sure whether to trust the accuracy of the weights given. From the pictures...they both look like they are sized very similar (both are 4 piston calipers). The rotor diameters are close, and the thickness is the same. So I find it a little difficult to believe that there is a 6lb difference in weight. Not saying that this can't happen...but I'm not sure if I trust the info.

LS400:

caliper weight - 9 lbs

rotor diameter - 12.4 inches

Supra:

caliper weight - 15 lbs

rotor diameter - 12.72 inches

Now that you've posted the numbers, they jog the memory a litte. I had thought the front rotor for the LS was a tiny bit smaller but the rest looks about right.