1993 Ls400

DougLS

I've searched the threads and haven't found this one. I recently bought a 93LS and found two melted connectors at the end of wiring harness, located on top of the engine compartment. They are together and can't be pulled apart. The wires look OK,the connectors don't . I have been getting the dreaded trac light off ,check engine light at the same time,usually after driving the car over 15 miles. The car seems to run fine. Living in MN I would guess the traction control is important,come next fall. Does anyone know where to buy/replace connectors wiring for the Lexus? This site has has been great! Much appreciated by a new Lexus owner..

PS: not the car...me

When the check engine light comes on the TRAC light is an automatic, default, condition. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with TRAC.

On these older models TRAC is useless except for use as a warning indicator that the roadbed is slippery, and can be a safety hazard in certain conditions.