How Often To Change Distributor Caps And Rotors

flash213

Which book are you refering to?

personally, I would change rotors/caps/plugs/wires every 30k for my 3x lex as part of the major tuneup. but that's just me. owner's manal calls for plug replacement at 60k, I guess it's also a good timing to change rotors/caps which are rather inexpensive anyway.

Are you guys using oem wires and plugs or making an upgrade on those?

OEM wires are top of the line and anything aftermarket is a downgrade in terms

of reliability, durability and fitment. It's no accident Toyota / Lexus vehicles are the most reliable and durable vehicles on the road - it's because they are built with the most reliabile and durable parts available, most of which are designed and manufactured in Japan and unavailable in any auto parts store.

Use the exact specific Denso or NGK plugs recommended in the owners manual. Using Iridium plugs in a Toyota that orignally came with Platinum will NOT increase power or fuel economy.

i refer to the lexus repair manual, i use oem parts extept spark plugs. i use denso iridium spark plugs, as far as i remember the part number is ik20. rotors and caps are relatively cheap and you can always check if they are good or not by analizing the carbon accumulation on the contacs.