Engine Computer Unit (ecu)

Had trouble getting auto transmission to upshift from third to overdrive consistently on a 92 SC300. Overdrive solenoid tested ok. Problem in ECU sending signal to transmission. Anybody have any experience with new vs. rebuilt? Can get a new ECU for $800 w/o labor. Anybody know where I can get a better deal on the part? Thanks.

I had a similar problem and I adjusted the transmission kick down cable. You can get a used ECU from recycling yards or off Ebay.

Very Interesting. Nobody has told me that before. Where is the cable and what kind of adjustment did you perform.

There are three cables going to the throttle body (automatics). One goes to gas pedal, one to cruise control, and the last to the transmission. It has an adjustment at the throttle body bracket. The cable stretches over time. Do the tighten up!

There are three cables going to the throttle body (automatics). One goes to gas pedal, one to cruise control, and the last to the transmission. It has an adjustment at the throttle body bracket. The cable stretches over time. Do the tighten up!

Thanks!!! Its worth a shot. Im going to give it a try.