Timing Belt Update

I just wanted to let all of you know, in case you are interested, in the status of my timing belt job on a 2001 ES300. First of all, I would like to thank all of you who gave your suggestions on how to get parts off. It turned out that I couldn't get the power steering pump bolt off to get the belt off. I had to break down and take it to a dealership. The Lexus dealership wanted $850.00 to do the belt and replace the water pump. The Toyota dealership wanted $525.00 for the same thing. Obviously, I went to Toyota. I just got a call today from the service manager wanting some info on my car. At first I thought he was going to tell me the engine was shot or something. I told him I got it used and it has 69,000 miles on it when I got it. According to his tech, the timing belt looked almost brand new! Our assumption is that the previous owner had an older Lexus before this one and changed the belt at 60,000 like he used to do on his old car. 2001's don't need to be changed until 90,000. So after annoying this forum with my stupid questions, wasting two weekends and blowing $100.00 at the dealer, it turns out that it didn't even need to be changed!

I do have to commend Gentile Toyota in Sturtevant, WI for their honesty. I know a lot of other dealers would have just replaced the parts without saying a word. They have definately earned my trust!