Nitrous

Bluec

Ok, the last few years ive been more into nissan/infiniti and mostly like the I30 and the maximas, mainly because of the VQ30DE engine. Now i know the VQ is able to handle alot of power, upto 400-500 range easily, but its FWD. Lately Ive noticed the SC300 and discovered that it had the 2JZ-GE engine, same as the N/A supra. With that in mind, I knew already thats much butter than having a 400-500 FWHP sedan. And the 2JZ engine ive heard is very strong and reliable, more than the VQ. My main question is, how well does the 2JZ handle nitrous? I know the VQ can easily take like around 100-125 shot with ofcourse; colder plugs, walbro fuel pump, and watching A/F ratio. I figured an Auto SC300 with a T/C upgrade could easily take a 100shot, but I could be wrong, thats why im here. Now RWD would be much more benefitial compared to FWD with using nitrous, but its always about what the engine can handle.

I know you can easily turbo the N/A 2JZ, but Nitrous would work better with my budget if I were to buy an older SC300 (1995-ish), but it would still leave me with the option in the future.

Ive read through the forum quite a bit, but I still havent found any good info on how well nitrous works with the SC300.. Also, how well does the Auto tranny on the SC300s hold up with alot of power?

Thx in advance :)

What is safe? Technically, nothing. Several safegaurds can and should be installed with nitrous oxide systems. The best bang for the dollar is N^2O. Wet, dry, direct. If not mistaken, a wet system is a direct system. Dry shots are run through the intake. Wet are with the fuel. Direct port is directly injected into the comdustion chamber. I would venture to say the SC300/400 could handle up to 100 shot with proper fuel. I wouldn't squeeze that much though. At 65$ and hour I would expect to pay 800-900$ for install including purchase price. A good shop will have you come back for inspections to make sure things are going ok. Go with colder plugs - an ignition amplifier is a good idea. Some extra fuel will help too. Then the shop will will step up the jets from like 50 to 80 and finally 100 if all is good. The type depends. As long as safegaurds are there. Like bottle pressure warning and other stuff.

Getting a thicker headgasket to run a 100 shot or less seems like overkill to me, although lowering compression would allow for a slightly larger margin for error. Still, tuning is still the most important factor in prevention of detonation.

And your performance would suffer slightly when not on the bottle.

hehe, I deleted it because i figured out that it would really kill performance N/A by lowering compression. Im sure colder plugs, upgraded fuel pump, gauges and a AFC controller would help prevent detonation :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend who has a '96 Sc300 Turbo, it is an automatic and puts out around 400 HP, the automatic holds up just as well as the stcik does. Also, I have heard that a stock SC300 can easily handle a 75-100 hp shot of nitrous and with some modifications a 150 hp shot.