1999 Rx300 Subwoofer And Amp Location

c-c

I'm new around here and I want to replace the subwoofer and possibly the factory amp on my 1999 RX300 (no nav). Can anyone tell me where they are?

I called a place in FL and they told me that the Sub was behind the rear passenger seat in the hatch area - At first glance all I see back there is a big wheel well.

They also said the amp was between the passenger kick panel and the glove box. I haven't looked yet, was hoping someone could tell me. Also I feel something under the passenger seat but not sure what it is, feels like a square box.

Is the subwoofer powered or passive? Any help would be appreciated.

thx - CC

I'm new around here and I want to replace the subwoofer and possibly the factory amp on my 1999 RX300 (no nav).  Can anyone tell me where they are? 

I called a place in FL and they told me that the Sub was behind the rear passenger seat in the hatch area - At first glance all I see back there is a big wheel well. 

They also said the amp was between the passenger kick panel and the glove box.  I haven't looked yet, was hoping someone could tell me.   Also I feel something under the passenger seat but not sure what it is, feels like a square box. 

Is the subwoofer powered or passive?   Any help would be appreciated. 

thx - CC

For the Mark Levinson version, the amp is under the rear seat. It seems likely that the standard system's amp is in the same place.

I don't think there is a subwoofer in either audio system. The speakers in the ML audio are described here:

http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/overview.asp?model=rx

There are woofers but no subwoofer.

• 4 years later...

I'm new around here and I want to replace the subwoofer and possibly the factory amp on my 1999 RX300 (no nav). Can anyone tell me where they are?

They also said the amp was between the passenger kick panel and the glove box. I haven't looked yet, was hoping someone could tell me. Also I feel something under the passenger seat but not sure what it is, feels like a square box.

Is the subwoofer powered or passive? Any help would be appreciated.

thx - CC

hey my name is nick the box under the seat is the subwoofer.It is powered if u unbolt the passenger seat you will be able to get to it.I just bought my rx 300 so i haven't had a chance to find the factory amp yet.

If you fold down the back seats and undo the carpet connecting the rear seats to the "trunk" area, the amp will be underneath that. It is not under the passenger seat like many people are saying. I know this because I took it apart on Monday and it is just the woofer.